Understand how to handle flexible work requests.
Educate your management team in regards to their responsibilities to flexible work requests and arrangements, including extended parental leave under the Paid Parental Leave scheme.
- Understanding the context of Australian discrimination legislation
- The scope of the National Employment Standards right to request flexible working arrangements
- The ability to refuse the right to flexible working arrangements on ‘reasonable business grounds’
- WHS and other issues in staff working from home
- The nature of the Paid Parental Leave Scheme and issues facing employers
- The impact on current and existing parental leave requirements
- Applicability and recommended content for a Paid Parental Leave Policy
- Other general issues concerning Paid Parental Leave including enforcement