Provide a safe working environment for your staff.
Educate all levels of staff on the new national legal framework for managing work health and safety (WHS), along with identifying and managing mental health issues in the workplace.
4 hours (breaks included)
- Key changes under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (Cth)
- Risk management strategies
- Balancing performance management with legal and medical risks, including anti-discrimination claims and psychological injuries
- Prevention of bullying and harassment
- Effect of drug and alcohol abuse in the workplace and prevention of drug and alcohol use in the workplace
- Case studies involving workplace injuries, stress and sick leave
- Effects of mental health issues in the workplace
- Legal, commercial and ethical pitfalls of ill-management of mental health, including liabilities under WHS laws, trade practices laws, and contract and workers compensation claims
- Unfair dismissal and anti-discrimination cases involving workplace stress, depression, and attention deficit disorder
- Risk management options for employers to deal with employees suffering from mental health and compliance checklist for organisations to audit their workplaces
- WHS risks in working from home